Hi, my name is L’Oreal and I’m addicted to stories.
(and cupcakes, but we’ll get to that later.)
I love reading stories. I love listening to stories.
But most of all, I love writing stories.
Which brings me to this blog. This blog is my happy place.
It’s a safe space for me to share my personal stories and the life lessons I’ve learned along the way — stories about quitting my full-time journalism job, overcoming impostor syndrome and trying to be a better person/wife/daughter/sister/friend.
To be clear, I don’t have all the answers, nor do I have it “all together” (who does, really? Besides Beyonce). But what I do have is a desire to bring some joy to your life.
Because as Mama Maya (Angelou) once said, “people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
My hope is that this blog will make you feel less alone and a lot of love … like you can take on the world. Because when women support women, we ALL win!
Want to learn more about my career and random fun facts? Keep scrolling!
Started as a reporter now I’m here…
After seven years as a full-time journalist, I said sayonara and pursued a career in nonprofits. Today, I’m the media relations manager for Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana. To read my full career story, click here.
Google me, baby…
Aside from this blog, my writing has also been featured on websites such as EBONY, Brit + Co, HelloGiggles and Mater Mea. In 2017, I launched a newsletter, LT in the City Weekly. Sign up for your midweek dose of motivation and inspiration here!
Every day, I’m hustlin’…
In addition to my day job, I have a side-hustle as a content creator. Learn more about my writing, editing and ghostwriting services here. I’m also available for speaking engagements and writing workshops!
Random fun facts:
- My favorite color is purple obvi!
- I skipped fourth grade. #NerdAlert
- BBQ sauce is my condiment of choice
- Once upon a time, I had an imaginary friend named Charlie. And then my sister was born. Charlie is an openly gay gay living a fabulous life as a trolley driver in San Francisco.
- I’ve had a stuffed lamb named Lamb Lamb (original, I know) since I was a baby.
- Cupcakes are my favorite dessert, specifically the Hummingbird cupcake from Magnolia Bakery (send me one?).
- I am a lifelong member of the BeyHive. All hail Queen Bey!
- My favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird
- My favorite movie is Beauty & the Beast (the original animated version, not the live-action one. Can we collectively agree to stop making these?).
- I’m actually from a small town called Belcamp, not Baltimore. But no one knows w